Hosted by VIC Impulse Sailing Dinghy at CCSC
The proposed format is as follows:
- Club opens for rigging and camping set up.
- Shared lunch with meet and greet for those new to the class etc.
- Club racing Start 1:30pm
- Immediately after racing, debrief around open fire in clubhouse to talk about racing and share any tips or experiences had during the day. The point of the weekend is not just improve the heigh performers in the class but to help out those new to the class with tips and ideas to help them close up the gap to the faster boats.
- Dinner served in the clubhouse followed by a video of the London Olympic medal race in the Laser class featuring Tom Slingsby and a short talk and open discussion on what people saw in the video and what can be learnt from it.
- Boat inspections with rigging and tuning tips
- Sail design and setting tips from Matt?
- Hit the water for starting practice and short first work to mark
- Re group and repeat until lunch
- Lunch break with debrief about what we learnt in the session
- For those who want to get away early, pack up and head home
- Free sailing for those keen to stay on for an afternoon training session
- Debrief of afternoon session, and pack up.
CCSC Welcomes the Victorian Impulse Association for the weekend, and thanks those that have put in the effort to get this weekend to happen. Check out their Facebook page
We're looking forward to a great weekend!
For those interested the club will be open Friday afternoon for early campers and anyone keen on a sail.