Being a Good Sports club identifies us as a safe and healthy environment for players, members and supporters through the adoption of practices and policies towards the responsible management of alcohol.
WHAT IS IT?
Good Sports is a free-to-join national sports development program of the Australian Drug Foundation (ADF) dedicated to:
- reduce alcohol-related problems such as drink driving
- change behaviours of players, supporters and members of community sporting clubs
- increase the viability and impact of sporting clubs in their communities
Sporting clubs of all size and description benefit from a greater focus on young people and families and less focus on drinking alcohol at high-risk levels. Displaying the Good Sports logo sends an important message to club members and the community. It shows your club promotes a responsible attitude towards alcohol and that it provides a safe environment for players, members, families and supporters.
Good Sports makes good sense. For 12 years, the program has helped to:
- strengthen community relations
- create new income sources
- increase membership
- enhance family atmosphere
- reduce alcohol problems and risk
For more information on the Good Sports program go to the good sports web site.